Next Generations Learning Spaces is a platform for the education peers from K-12 and International Schools who are leading their learning spaces projects to share about the best practice to drive change and transformation in their learning spaces. They will also explore the best practices to actualise the effectiveness of the learning spaces transformation with innovative technologies and design.
The student-centred pedagogy meets a digitally powered learning environment to create a completely new education experience. In GIIS, the latest teaching tools will make learning a fun and interactive affair for the students to help achieve higher educational outcomes.
· Building a robust infrastructure to support smart learning spaces development
· Enabling hybrid learning models with the integration of physical spaces with digital tools
· Leveraging data analytics to track students’ learning and monitor their sports’ performances and identifying the key areas for improvement
SAS has transformed 6 classrooms into one large learning space to promote collaborative learning environment within 3 months.
• Removed concrete walls and transforming existing classrooms with movable wall and flexible furniture
• Facilitating teaching in open space to increase student engagement
• Collecting teacher and students’ feedback to measure the ROI of this new learning spaces’
Chris Beingessner, Middle School Deputy Principal - Singapore American School
Tanglin Trust School using VR, alongside AR (augmented reality), where artefacts from around the world can be brought into the classroom.
● Piloting and troubleshooting the challenges of deploying AR/ VR in teaching and learning
● Cooperating with teachers to create curriculum-aligned AR content and resources to ensure successful deployment and uptake
● Promoting a lively learning environments to improve learning outcomes
Jon Filer, Technology Specialists - Tanglin Trust School