· How can an intentional process aligned to the design thinking cycle be used to systematically renovate learning spaces to better align with current research on teaching and learning?
· How can we systematically learn from our stakeholders (students, teachers, parents) to inform future space iterations and maximize ROI?
Tanglin Trust School using VR, alongside AR (augmented reality), where artefacts from around the world can be brought into the classroom.
● Piloting and troubleshooting the challenges of deploying AR/ VR in teaching and learning
● Cooperating with teachers to create curriculum-aligned AR content and resources to ensure successful deployment and uptake
● Promoting a lively learning environments to improve learning outcomes
Jon Filer, Technology Specialists - Tanglin Trust School
University of New South Wale’s 2025 Strategy that focuses on the significant opportunities to transform the student experience on the physical campus and seamlessly integrating the digital and physical environments.
In this session, you will explore on how:
• Redesigning the learning spaces to promote collaboration and partnerships with students
• UNSW’s educators harnessing Chatbot for digital assessment training
• Assessing the new technologies such as 360° videos, virtual reality and google glasses in learning spaces trainings and space utilization
Preparing students for 21st century, Taylor’s University develops highly collaborative citizens and a collaborative classroom such as X-Space.
· Adopting approaches focused on the provision of holistic teaching and learning experiences for staff and students
· Connecting personalised learning, educational technology to learning spaces’ design
· Advocating a mind-set shift and demonstrating the benefits of the new learning spaces
This step-by-step interactive workshop will demonstrate how educators is transforming classrooms into a spaces to harness Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics. In addition, the workshop leaders will share the best practice on scaling up the learning spaces within short period to minimise the impact on regular school days.
Key Learning Outcomes:
· Designing new collaborative areas with flexibility in mind
· Clearly defining the desired outcomes of the new space and determining ways to gather result
· Engaging with stakeholders during the planning process and gathering feedback from stakeholders in the new space
· Looking beyond the space: Aligning structures and pedagogical practices to the physical space