Main Conference Day 1: Monday May 21st, 2018
Monday, May 21st, 2018
The possibilities with virtual reality headsets are taking immersion to all types of new levels. Evidence of VR saving time, reducing costs, increasing productivity, and boosting effectiveness of training in learning is unquestionable. This session will outline early adoption success stories and explain scenarios VR can offer L&D practitioners. Not only will you experience the research side of implications and opportunities for VR as an effective tool for learning, you will also get a head start at developing it into your own workplace.
Panelists will discuss:
· Compare realistic-computer generated environments, first-person perspectives, and virtual training scenarios
· Develop interactive computer graphic scenes with real-time engines
· Use VR for hard and soft skill simulations as well as empathy-induced experiences
· Allude to technology of what a L&D VR experience can bring to your workforce
1:45 PM Special Early Adoption Session: Results, Challenges, and Success from Adopting VR and AR in the Training and Learning Environment at Chipotle Mexican Grill
This session will highlight Chipotle Mexican Grill’s early initiatives to adopt VR technology into their workplace. Sam heads up the week-long curriculum of “how do you walk through a restaurant?” in order to find new and innovative ways to train their employees. With new implementations of MR and VR into their training, they are beginning to experiment with scenario-based training with choices to pick from.
· Transform how you validate knowledge in your L&D space
· Write the perfect scenario and language literacy concerns
· Discover how AR is disrupting learning systems in the retail and food industries
· Discuss where the future is taking AR technology
· Experience Chipotle’s current VR technology on stage