Articles & Interviews
Augmented Intelligence for L&D: Immersive Tech and the Future of L&D with Wells Fargo's SVP of Instructional Design Strategy & Innovation
Michael Mathews AVP and Chief Information Officer Oral Roberts University gives us an inside look into ORU's cutting-edge Global Learning Center. The winner of numerous awards, ORU's GLC boasts:
- Global Learning and Teleportation Classroom – Access in and out of the GLC to/ from any and all continents in the world. Quality of video conference will move people around the world at the speed of light (teleportation).
- Studio Classroom - Studio for recording any style of distance education, instruction, or classroom media.
- Virtual Reality Classroom – Full immersive virtual reality (VR) learning room (I.e. Flight simulation, marine biology, engineering, etc.).
- High Performance Computing Research Classroom - Global access for research that requires supercomputer and high performance access.
- Global innovation Collaboration Classroom – The think tank for furthering the advancement of instruction.
- Distance Education Lab classroom – Dedicated for classes online that require a lab or experiential aspect
- Instructional class for disabilities – A class with portal augmented reality equipment that can be configured to help people with certain learning challenges.
- Faculty Excellence and Learning Classroom – Room capable to teach all online faculty and traditional faculty on new technologies and new delivery methods.
Goals of Classrooms
- World class design and functionality
- Be interchangeable for flexibility
- Be multi-purpose and multi-function
- Be viewed as ‘OneCampus’ ORU
Virtualization, Globalization and the New World of Work: A Conversation with Karmiko Burton, Senior Manager, Global Franchise Training & Capability, Taco Bell
Ahead of the Immersive Technology in L&D event taking place May 21 - 22, 2018 in Orlando, FL, we sat down with Karmiko Burton, Senior Manager, Global Franchise Training & Capability, Taco Bell to discuss how immersive tech such as VR, mixed-reality and gamification are revolutionizing the L&D industry by enabling improved performance, employee experiences and customer satisfaction.
- Why it's important for companies to start investing in AR and VR now
- How immersive tech adds value to Taco Bell's business
- The future of immersive tech for L&D both at Taco Bell and beyond
- Actionable advice for jumpstarting your immersive tech journey
To receive this Q&A via email, please contact us at email@example.com with "Immersive Tech Content Request: Virtualization, Globalization and the New World of Work" in the subject line.