2004 -2007 Roche as the Head of Human Resource Development, Roche Diagnostics Diabetes Care in Switzerland. During his 3,5 year tenure he established and led a new HRD department, successfully ensured full staff training compliance and US market access for Roche Accu Check Insulin Pumps and supported the integration of the local Swiss affiliate into the global Roche organization.
In 2007, he moved into global cross-functional Learning & Development roles in clinical development and later in Pharma Development at the Roche Basel Head Quarter site. He successfully led a number of key global learning, training and knowledge sharing initiatives including the Roche E7 training and communications Strategy for Emerging Markets, before taking on the role of Global Head Learning & Development for Roche Regulatory Affairs in 2011. Over the 5 years tenure in Regulatory, he build numerous award winning programs including a blended personalized Leadership & Talent Assessment and Development program, a global Manager Engagement program, an experiential Simulation and a Micro-Learning Hub.
Since 2017, he leads the strategic area Knowledge Cycling within the major transformation initiative Faster Filing where he aims at establishing a socio-technical system to curate and re-use critical business know-how through digital technology and targeted learning journey maps.
· CLO Bronze Award Global Learning 2015, Chief Learning Officer 2017 Learning Elite Gold Award as part of Genentech Corporate Application, CLO Bronze Award Talent Management 2017
· Corporate Regulatory Employee Engagement scores in Top Quartile 2017 (+8 %), for functional L & D > 22 % with 6 % above global Roche average 2011-2015, Management Effectiveness 2017 (+ 8 %)
· Roche PD Breakthrough Awards Nomination for Inspiring & Influencing 2015
· Nomination for Rethink D Innovation Award, Cat. Learning & Creativity 2015
· Recognition of Innovative Learning Strategy for competency based learning, training, education and team excellence and performance consultancy impact with 5-year international assignment in the US (2014-2019)
· Recognized as one of six hundred Roche key contributors in 2012 and 2015: outstanding business expert for learning, OD, leadership & talent development for senior & middle management and global matrix leaders
· Finalist Regulatory Industry (TOPRA) Awards 2014 & 2016 Cat. Education, Winner 2015 Cat. Education, Double Finalist (Category Education and Category Innovation) 2017
CLO Learning Elite Awards Judge Panel 2017 and Founding Member Digital Learning Consortium (DLC)
· Speaker at Learning Innovation Conference Zurich 2018, DIA conference Europe on AI & People Capabilities 2018, KM World Conference 2018, Roche Global Learning Conference Key note 2018 & speaker 2017, CLO Symposium 2016, EBL Conference 2016, Big Think Video Channel, ECCRT Europe Conference 2015
As part of his volunteering activities, he runs a Leadership Speaker series for Genentech and acts as Captain for Team Genentechs participation in SwimAcrossAmerica, a pediatric cancer fundraising institution.
Prior to joining Roche/Genentech, Detlef was a business psychology consultant at IAP Zurich where he was Deputy Head of Educational Management. He has 25 years of experience in corporate learning, OD, training, consultancy, leadership/talent and team development, and was teaching at Stanford University and the University of Applied Sciences in Switzerland.
Detlef received his Masters in Social and Work/Organizational
Psychology from the University of Berne, Switzerland and holds Post Grades in
Executive Coaching, OD and Global Leadership, and Certificates in Design
Thinking and Entrepreneurship from Stanford University.
Corporate Learning’s role today is to help drive the strategy and transformation of the organization on an ongoing basis. Discover how to position learning to learn as a skill for the future.