Zappos is world renowned for its strong â€” and some times quirky â€” culture. As an e-tailer, it can be hard, however, to get employees tethered to their computers to interact face to face. As the leadership development program manager at Zappos IP, Rich Hazeltine is tasked with passing on the company's strong culture and values to leaders. We sat down with Rich to chat about how the company's recent growth and its promotion-from-within strategy affect leadership and training at Zappos.
A compilation of corporate leaders explain what learning means to them.
View this 1 minute video that runs you through a speaker snapshot, a session snapshot, and all other items included in your CLW experience.
Ahead of the 2018 Corporate Learning Week, we sat down with keynote speaker Dan Schawbel, Partner and Research Director at Future Workplace and New York Times bestselling author of Future Workplace to discuss how technology is increasing isolation in the workplace and what companies can do to bring people back together. Talking points include:
- An overview into his latest research on what's behind workplace isolation
- Why organizations need to make strengthening social connections a strategic priority
- How organizations can evaluate and enhance the current state of connections in their workplace
We sat down with 2018 CLW speaker Deborah Wilson, Global Head Learning and Development, Wunderman to discuss how Wonderman's L&D team effectively partners with the business to drive strategic outcomes. Key topics of discussion include:
- Key challenges L&D leaders face when partnering with business and how to overcome them
- How to enable your L&D team to build strong relationships with the business
- Best practices for working with the C-Suite to ensure they embrace L&D as a strategic partner, understand how L&D can drive positive business outcomes and fully capitalize on all L&D has to offer